LogseqTimes 2023–11–12: Logseq 0.9.20, Properties, Zettlekasten, Logseq as a Second Brain, Logseq vs Notion, Local LLM, Updated Plugins and much more
After a somewhat crazy last few months, I am finally properly back online and slowly getting back to normality, which gives me great pleasure to be able to post on Logseq Times once more. My last post was about 4 months ago, which is a little shameful, but sometimes it is important to get off the merry-go-round that is life before you start missing the trees from the forest.
Anyway, log metaphors aside (see what I did there), there has been so much going on in the world of Logseq of late, so why don’t we jump right in?
Logseq 0.9.20 Release
This release includes a couple of useful updates like a new inbuilt Handbook, smartt-merge for this using Logseq Sync, updated Electron app and more. You can download the desktop and Android app here.
- New handbook (click in the app to see it — info)
- Upgrade electron to v25
- Make Smart Merge the default option for Logseq Sync
- Add toggle option for PDF view: auto opening the highlight context menu from new text selection
- Support zoom via touchpad
- Update Spanish, Norwegian and French translation
- Fix #card should only be appended to the title
- Fix Android back button closing order
- Fix journal name judgement
- Refine drag and drop of assets. Fix not being about to save assets sometimes
- On Android, activity restarts when a Bluetooth keyboard gets connected
- Shortcuts editor can’t edit disabled keymap
- Refine Logseq Sync login box tips
Logseq Properties Coming Along Nicely
A lot of work is going into the upcoming properties and database mode, and it is starting to show. I think this will push better structure and knowledge management in Logseq and I cannot wait to see it live: